FACLA SETS CANVASSING DATES FOR MS.FACLA AND MS.TEEN FACLA
NEW FACLA NEWS
March 24, 2014
FACLA SETS CANVASSING DATES FOR MS> FACLA AND MS.TEEN FACLA
Los Angeles–The Filipino American Community of Los Angeles(FACLA) announced the canvasing dates for Ms. FACLA and Ms. Teen FACLA for its Search for Ms. FACLA /Ms. Teen FACLA Contest for its 69th Year Anniversary, April 26, 2014
There will three canvassing dates for the candidates votes as announced by the FACLA Search Committee headed by FACLA Director Bernie Tagra-Ganon.
The canvassing dates are the following:
1. The first canvassing will be on March 29, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 5;00 PM;
2. The second canvassing is on April 20, 2014 from 5;00 PM to midngith and
3. The final canvassing on April 26 from 6:00 PM to midnightat the FACLA’s 69th Anniversary on the night of April 26, 2014.
There will a dance party at the coronation and final canvassing. Buddy Reyes and his Band will play the music for the 69th FACLA Anniversary. They will be crowned by the outgoing Ms.FACLA 2013 Luz Marcos and Ms. Teen FACLA 2013 Stephanie Libres Uy.
Ms.FACLA and Ms. Teen FACLA Criterias
The Search Committee has laid out the following criteria for candidates:
1. Must be 25 years old or above ( for Ms. FACLA) and 13 years old or above for (Miss teen FACLA);
2. Must be of Filipino descent or at least 50% of Filipino blood;
3. Must possess good moral character and a member of FACLA;
4. Must be willing to represent as Ambassador of Goodwill to Community events like SantaCruzan, Philippine Independence Day and other occasions upon the request of FACLA and
5. Must be willing to support ongoing projects of FACLA especially in enhancing solidarity among Filipinos in California.
The candidates for MS. FACLA at present are Monet Marual, Precy Montero, Donna Canarez, Emette Underwood and Cora Miller.
Meanwhile candidates for Miss. Teen FACLa are Caroline Jimenez, Jazmine Morada and Mary Banawa.
Applications for candiates are still available at the FACLA office until March 27. Please contact Bernie Targa-Ganon of the Search Committee or FACLA Manager Clarita Julian at FACLA, 1740 W. Temple St. Los Angeles. CA 90026.
For more information please contact or call us at (213) 484-1527 or email us at [email protected] or visit our website at newfacla.org